Monday, 9 April 2012

iPod pick of the week.

This week commemorates 100 years as I'm sure you all know the sinking of the White Star Line's RMS Titanic, after she collided with an Ice berg in the icy waters of the Atlantic Ocean on her maiden voyage.
It claimed the lives of 1,514, one of the deadliest maritime disasters in history.

This month also marks a more personal and heartbreaking loss for me, April 28th is the 11th anniversary of my beloved brother, Christopher's passing.

As a mark of respect this week I have chosen a song that perfectly connects both the loss of life on the Titanic and the loss of my brother. The link this song holds in relation to the ill fated Titanic is pretty obvious but it was also the song played at my brother's funeral in 2001 as we took his body to his final resting place.

I can rarely listen to this song with out it bringing a tear to my eye and although it is a song which has been slated over the years it will always hold a special significance to me.
This week's song is Celine Dion's My heart will go on.




There is not a day that passes that I do not think
of you or miss you more deeply.
Rest in peace, Christy. xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi ima new follower and i love your blog i hope you like mine!

    ReplyDelete