Sunday, 1 April 2012

iPod pick of the week!!

I guess it doesn't really qualify as a pick of the week when the last time I added this feature was more than a month ago but I'll do my best to do it on a more regular basis.

Anyway's this week is a bit of a British reality show special. The following song comes from my favourite contestant from 2011's The X Factor - Marcus Collins. He made it all the way to the final but was pipped at the post by girl band, Littlemix. Who were also very deserving finalists but I really did want Marcus to win.

His first track is a cover of The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army. Okay so alot of people dislike covers but I think this Jazzy twist on the original is pretty decent and to be honest I can't get enough of it at the moment. Have a listen for yourselves, I'll let you be the judges.



Here is the original White Stripes version which I also fricking loved when it was released back in 2003.



Finally I wanted to share with you a clip of a young Irish lad who I saw on Britain's Got Talent last night, his name is Ryan O' Shaughnessy and he performed his own original song entitled 'No Name'

The sweetest thing is the story behind the song, he wrote it for a girl with whom he's been friends with for six years but secretly he's in love with her and has never told her of his true feelings!! Awwww! :)

He is undoubtedly an extremely talented young man and I have high hopes for him in this competition.



3 comments:

  1. hey I'm a follower... please check out my blog as I've just launched a competition and thought you'd like to know :)

    thanks

    bex

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I nominated you for the most versatile blogger award... check out my blog for more details...
    Bex xxx
    http://thisisthetickettolife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete